Essential oils diffusers are a good thing to have around if you have icky scents in your house. They are a great aid to battle anxiety, insomnia, and even minor colds. You no longer need to use inconvenient and dangerous candles to get the benefit of essential oils; the market is full of diffusers of various models.
However, it’s important to pick the right one. It all depends on things such as the size of the room, the battery, or how portable you want it to be. So, a diffuser can be God-sent or a disappointment. This article will help you choose the best essential oil diffuser. To read daily health and lifestyle tips stay tuned with Worthgram.com
Table of contents
- 1 Best Essential Oil Diffuser 2021
- 1.1 1. TaoTronics Essential Oil Diffuser – Best Diffuser for Middle and Large Room
- 1.2 2. InnoGear Real Bamboo Ultrasonic Diffuser 2021 – Best Eco-Friendly Diffuser
- 1.3 3. Zen Breeze Essential Ultrasonic Cool-Mist Diffuser
- 1.4 4. InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser – Best Budget Diffuser
- 1.5 5. PureSpa Compact Ultrasonic Diffuser – Smallest Diffuser for a Medium-sized Room
- 1.6 6. InnooTech 500ml Essential Ultrasonic Oil Diffuser – Best diffuser for Long-hour Use
- 1.7 7. URPOWER Wood Grain Essential Oil Diffuser – Best for Improving the Quality of the Air While Providing Style
- 1.8 8. VicTsing 400ml Essential Oil Diffuser – to Make Your Home Look More Stylish
- 1.9 9. Viva Naturals Essential Oil Diffuser – Best to Keep Onto the Therapeutic Effects of the Oil
- 1.10 10. PureSpa Natural Oil Diffuser – Best for Nighttime Use
- 1.11 11. Quooz Rockano Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier – Appreciated for Its Unique Design
- 1.12 12. InnoGear USB Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2 Diffuser Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Best Essential Oil Diffuser 2021
In order to make the selection easier for you, we gathered a few popular options of essential oil diffusers. In the end, it will be up to you to select the one that fits your needs best.
|Product||Working Time||LED Colors||Capacity|
|TaoTronics Essential Oil Diffuser, 300ml (Editor’s Choice)||8 hours||7||300 ml|
|InnoGear Real Bamboo Essential Oil Diffuser (Editor’s Choice)||8 hours in continuous mode |
16 hours in interval mode
|Zen Breeze Essential Oil Diffuser||10 hours||14||300 ml|
|InnoGear Essential Oil Diffuser 100ml||3 hours in continuous mode, |
6 hours in intermittent mode
|PureSpa Compact Ultrasonic Diffuser||7 hours||4||100 ml|
|500 Milliliter Essential Oil Diffuser, InnooCare||8-10 hours||7||500 ml|
|URPOWER Wood Grain Cool Mist Humidifier, 300 ml||5.5 hours||7||200 ml|
|VicTsing 400ml Essential Oil Diffuser||7-10 hours||7||400 ml|
|Viva Naturals Essential Oil Diffuser||8 Hours||7||100 ml|
|PureSpa Natural Oil Diffuser (White), 200ml||8 to 10 hours||4||200 ml|
|Rockano 200ml Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier by Quooz||10 hours|
5 hours at high mist setting
|InnoGear 70ml USB Essential Oil Diffuser||4- 8 hours||7||300 ml|
Now, here are the same products reviewed, as an attempt to make the selection even easier for you. All products discussed in this article are part of the best diffusers. However, the following two outshined their competition due to their qualities and prices. They are the best essential oil diffusers that you can purchase on a constrained budget.
1. TaoTronics Essential Oil Diffuser – Best Diffuser for Middle and Large Room
This essential oil diffuser is very popular among aromatherapy fans, and for a good reason. It was designed to look like a calming water drop with wood grain coated bottom; modern meets primitive in a stylish manner. It’s a perfect fit for every office.
The oil diffuser has a 7-colored LED light (aqua, cyan, blue, yellow, purple, green and red), making it a nice night light for your child’s room – but also for yours. You can set the color on just one of the modes, or you can go for a “cascade” rainbow effect. You can also select the intensity of the lights, making it bright or dim. You can also turn it off if you are the kind of sleeper that enjoys complete darkness.
This diffuser is also larger than an average device, with a container that can take up to 300 ml of water. As a result, its runtime is also longer that a traditional diffuser (it can last up to 12 hours).
- Very silent and can be used during the night without the risk of waking you up.
- The rainbow-colored effect makes it very pleasant on the eyes.
- Its humidifier effect allows you to breathe much easier during the day and the night.
- The sensor is very responsive, so it does not require a lot of motion.
- Not recommended for small spaces.
- Some people complained that the life expectancy is shorter than advertised.
2. InnoGear Real Bamboo Ultrasonic Diffuser 2021 – Best Eco-Friendly Diffuser
Who doesn’t love seeing bamboo pieces in their rooms? Unlike most diffusers that are plastic coated with wood grain, this one was crafted from real bamboo wood. As a result, the device is eco-friendly and safe for your health.
This device may look like a simple bamboo container, but it’s actually pretty modern. It has 7 LED lights that you can choose according to your mood, and you can also opt for the “fade in and out” option. Plus, if you do not like the color option and only want the bamboo design, you can shut the LED lights off. The diffuser will still be working normally after that.
With the right essential oils, this product can fill your home with lovely fragrances. It will make you feel less stressed and elevate your mood. Plus, since it also functions as a humidifier, it can help you with your insomnia, allergies or cold symptoms.
- It has a very stylish design that can work with all home decors.
- It’s made from actual bamboo, not plastic, making it more eco-friendly.
- It’s very quiet, making it perfect for night use.
- Instructions also come with several essential oil recipes.
- Some complained that the life expectancy is rather short.
- The button that regulates the lights is rather sensitive.
- Some people complained that the fan is also delicate, becoming fairly useless after some time.
Zen Breeze Essential Ultrasonic Cool-Mist Diffuser is a relatively new product on the market that has gained popularity amongst people due to its modern and effortless appearance. The exterior of the concerning diffuser is made of Bisphenol A (BPA) plastic, which is an organic synthetic compound known for its durability and versatility. The plastic exterior of the diffuser is decorated with wood grain pattern excellent for every modern, rustic and traditional inspired interior.
Zen Breeze 2021 series offers 14-color LED light installed on top of the diffuser, which can be set in two different modes, one continual color, cascading color pattern or completely turned off.
The ultrasonic/humidifying nature of the product comes in handy when treating cold, congested sinuses, dry skin, chapped lips, especially during the winter when heating quickly dries the air.
The diffuser’s unit can hold up to 10 ounces (300 ml) of infused or non-infused water. One fully filled unit can last approximately 10 hours and it can cover about 500-square feet surface. When speaking of the technical aspect of the product it is important to mention the automatic safety feature, which instantly shuts off the machine when the water is completely gone, or according to the set timer, after 60, 180 or 360 minutes.
- The product is versatile and can be used as a diffuser or humidifier.
- Has 14-color LED light that can be used as a night light.
- Automatic safety feature shuts the diffuser off with a beep sound when the water is fully gone or according to the set timer.
- Has adjustable timing system with 4 settings and adjustable mist system with 2 settings, for strong or mild dispersing.
- Operates quietly.
- Has quick and easy setup with clear instructions.
- Some people complained that the life expectancy of the diffuser is rather short.
- The area that it covers is not that wide; therefore it is only suitable for small home rooms.
4. InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser – Best Budget Diffuser
The convenient InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser has gained popularity amongst parents who want to set a soothing and calming atmosphere in their child’s room. This small and practical device that measures 3.9 inches in width and 5.7 in height can easily fit on the smallest shelf in your bedroom.
The portable InnoGear ultrasonic diffuser offers 7-color LED light, excellent for setting visually stimulating scenery accompanied by the scent of your favorite essential oil. Green, dark blue, light blue, red, yellow, pink and white colors set on dimmed or bright mode will please your eyes.
This quietly operating diffuser carries a 100ml (3.38 ounce) water reservoir that can sufficiently provide the mist for up to 250 square feet large surfaces. The diffuser/humidifier operating functions can be set on 3 different modes and are controlled by green/red/off mist button. Green dot represents a continuous cycle, which lasts up to 3 hours while the red dot triggers an intermittent mist mode with 30 seconds on and 30 second off periods, lasting up to 6 hours. The off option provides light without the mist.
- The device can be used as essential oil diffuser, humidifier or nightlight.
- Diffuser offers continuous and intermittent mist mode for more control.
- 7-color LED light can be set on bright or dimmed mode.
- Small dimensions make the diffuser practical and portable.
- Built-in safety feature automatically shuts the diffuser off when the water reservoir is emptied.
- Some people complained that the life expectancy is rather short.
- The lid may be hard to open for some.
5. PureSpa Compact Ultrasonic Diffuser – Smallest Diffuser for a Medium-sized Room
The minimalistic aesthetics of the design can surely capture one’s interest, however, without its ultrasonic mechanism, the product wouldn’t be of any use. The 100 ml (3.38 ounces) reservoir doesn’t require warm water for proper functioning like some diffusers do. A tank fully filled with cold tap water, with or without few drops of essential oils, can moisturize and refresh 250 square feet surface for the longest duration of 7 hours, whether it is in your bedroom, living room, bathroom, office, salon or spa.
The ultrasonic multipurpose nature of this essential oils diffuser produced by the reliable Pure Enrichment Company comes in handy when getting rid of the tobacco smell, pet odor, and unpleasant food fragrances trapped between the walls.
The PureSpa Compact Ultrasonic series belongs to electric essential oil diffuser category as the concerning product comes with A/C adapter suitable for 120-Volt outlets. The power button offers 3 operating functions: turn-on mode, turn-on mode with color-changing light and turn-off option.
- The PureSpa device can be used as essential oil diffuser, humidifier or nightlight.
- Color-changing LED light helps create a visually calming environment.
- 100 ml water reservoir is excellent for moisturizing the air of small and medium sized rooms.
- The device offers turn-on mode without lights and turn-on mode with a color-cascading light.
- Operates quietly.
- The device is constructed in simple and understandable manner.
- Built-in safety feature automatically shuts off the diffuser when the water is completely used.
- Some people say the diffuser has a short life expectancy.
- It is only suitable for small to medium-sized rooms. It’s not efficient for larger ones.
6. InnooTech 500ml Essential Ultrasonic Oil Diffuser – Best diffuser for Long-hour Use
If you are looking for a device that will keep going and going throughout the day without stopping at the most crucial moment, then this one should be your top choice. With a water tank of no less than 500 ml, this one has the biggest capacity out of all essential oil diffusers presented in this article.
Most of the time, an essential oil diffuser will stop after 5 hours by itself, simply because it ran out of water. As opposed to those devices, this one can easily go over 10 hours even at the strongest setting. So, it goes on for 8-10 hour on high-intensity puffs. Imagine how long it could go for if you choose the lowest setting?
This one also has a whisper-quiet technology. So you can go to sleep while feeling the scent of lavender through your nostrils. You won’t have to worry that you’ll wake up with a heart attack in the middle of the night just because the diffuser released another puff.
- Biggest water tank out of all diffusers.
- The LED light can be adjusted any way you want to set the mood.
- It’s silent, making it perfect for night use.
- Works perfectly as a humidifier in case you have asthma issues.
- Some customers complained that the lid has a tendency to be loose.
- It can be pretty difficult to refill, compared to other diffusers.
7. URPOWER Wood Grain Essential Oil Diffuser – Best for Improving the Quality of the Air While Providing Style
This device is small and portable, but also very easy to screw and unscrew. The cap is secure. With just one slight twist, you can add water and essential oil to enjoy a nice mood in your own home.
This essential oil diffuser can take up to 200 ml of water, which makes it not too small, but not too big either. When put on low mist, it can easily spread the aroma into your home for about 5 hours and a half. The mist is fine and smooth, and it will be easy for you to breathe the air in since it also acts as a humidifier.
The oil diffuser has a 4-timer setting. Thus, when it comes to dispensing the mist, you can select the 1-hour, 3-hour, 6-hour or ON/OFF mode. It also has 7-colored LED lights which can be adjusted to light and brim.
- It allows you to breathe easier if you fall asleep with the air conditioner on.
- It has a stylish design that fits any environment.
- It’s quiet, so you won’t be disturbed by it during your sleep.
- It releases essential oils for quite a high amount of time.
- The top is not very secure, so it may come off when you are
- The oil scent may lose its strength after the first few hours.
- It may be small for some houses.
8. VicTsing 400ml Essential Oil Diffuser – to Make Your Home Look More Stylish
If you are a fan of dark wood, then this device will definitely hit your favorites list. This high-grade diffuser is coated in black wood grain and is shaped like a flower vase to embellish any interior. You can use it as a decorative piece for every type of scenery.
It has a relatively large capacity of 400 ml, making it perfect if you need something to scent your room for up to 12 hours. You can set it to release essential oil to 1, 3 and 6 hours, but you can also press the button yourself if you need a dash of perfumed mist in that very instant.
The soothing LED light is perfect for creating a cozy mood. You can choose between the 7lights (or cycle between them), and you can also set your desired intensity. A soft light, for instance, will create a romantic and quiet atmosphere.
- Its unique design is very elegant, making it a very beautiful decorative piece.
- It is quiet, so you won’t be woken in the middle of the night by the puffs of mist.
- Its running time is fairly long, so you can use it throughout the entire day.
- The LED lights can set the mood from entertaining to calm and romantic.
- Some people claimed that the fan is fragile.
- It may not be suitable for rooms that are very large.
9. Viva Naturals Essential Oil Diffuser – Best to Keep Onto the Therapeutic Effects of the Oil
If you are plagued with allergies and have trouble sleeping, then this essential oil diffuser will definitely help you fix that problem. The Viva Naturals will spread aromatherapy oils that will fight the bacteria and stubborn fungi.
The advantage of this ultrasonic diffuser is that it uses less oil than usual, vaporizing it into mist without resorting to heat. As a result, the aromatherapeutic effects of the oil are still in full effect.
This essential oil diffuser is a color show in the room. So, like most of the reviewed diffusers, you can choose the color based on your mood. From a calm moonlight white to a mystic blue or a sunset red, it’s up to you to decide which LED light you want.
Also, this diffuser has three modes of action:
- Continuous mist: This will release small amounts of mist continuously, to keep the room with a constant scent.
- Intermittent mist: Releases concentrated amounts of mist at set amounts of time. The disadvantage is that after a short time, the scent will not be as strong as when it was released.
- Lights-only: Mist is not released, but the device can still be used as a night lamp.
- The simple design makes it suitable for every décor.
- It’s quiet, making it suitable for nighttime use.
- The 100ml water tank can last you up to 8 hours.
- The aromatherapy action lasts less than the average oil diffuser.
- It may not be suitable to spread scent over wider rooms.
- Some people complained that the daily action expectancy is less than advertised.
10. PureSpa Natural Oil Diffuser – Best for Nighttime Use
This one can be chosen in three designs. While the bottom will always remain the same (brown wood-grain coating), the top can come in white, black or the same wood grain surface from the base. It’s also very portable with a strong lid. This means that you can carry it from one place to another without risking any spills. You can choose the best one for your home according to your own color theme.
Aside from the apparent effortless design, this one also has a 4-colored LED light that will change through cascade mode. Plus, once the water has run out, the device will shut off automatically, preventing any damage to the diffuser. Sadly, you cannot set the LED light on only one color. However, you can choose to turn the light off completely.
Overall, this is a very convenient device that can enchant your senses, if you add the right essential oils. Since it also acts as a humidifier, it works great in treating respiratory problems, anxiety, allergies or insomnia.
- Multifunctional; works as a humidifier, diffuser, and ionizer.
- Tank capacity is fairly large, permitting an all-night use.
- The diffuser is very quiet, making it perfect for night time use.
- The fact that it comes in three colors makes it ideal for every home design.
- There have been complaints of “bubble noises” due to the heated water.
- Some say the plastic looks cheap.
- The device is more suitable for a small room rather than a wide one.
11. Quooz Rockano Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier – Appreciated for Its Unique Design
This diffuser literally looks like a volcano rock that was brought right in the comfort of your home. Looking at it will make you feel that you are either gazing at a rocky mountain peak or a big dazzling diamond. Regardless of your home décor, this one will always prove to be a stunning addition.
Considering that the water tank capacity is relatively wide (200 ml), the runtime can easily reach 10 hours depending on your setting. Obviously, the wider apart the “mist puffs” will be, the longer it will last.
You can also choose the intensity of the mist from mild to strong. For instance, if you’re planning to place it in a wider place such as the living room, the strong mist setting would be more appropriate. On the other hand, if the room is small (such as a bedroom) or you have a high sensitivity to smell, then you might want to go with the milder version.
The versatile LED light can also be adjusted for brightness. You can make it like a dim “flicker” that will calm your mind, or you can go for a bright volcano that will heighten your senses. It all depends on how you prefer to relax.
- The design is fairly unique, looking exactly like a lava rock.
- The two mist settings make it perfect for any kind of
- It can act as a humidifier and an essential oil diffuser.
- It shuts off by itself once the water has run out.
- It’s quiet, so it will not wake you up from your sleep.
- The acrylic is prone to getting oil stains.
- Some people claim that the mist is weak.
- Each diffuser only comes with one color.
If you are looking for the best car essential oil diffuser, the InnoGear USB Essential Oil Diffuser series might be just the right choice for you. This miniature and yet powerful device is excellent for people that spend a great chunk of the life on the road, traveling, due to the personal and business reasons. Compact design with USB port can be easily put to use in your personal vehicle, in the gym, office, in the bathroom or in the hotel room.
This particular essential oil car diffuser holds a 70 ml reservoir, which can be filled with plain water for humidification of the air, or with essential oil infused water for setting the fragrant ambiance in your car for relaxed and smooth riding experience. The fully filled tank can vaporize for 4 to 8 hours.
The InnoGear USB Essential Oil Diffuser operates on the principals of Ultrasonic technology which is operated through the given buttons. First press activates the continuous mist mode while the second press sets the intermittent mist mode with 30-second on and off intervals.
InnoGear USB Essential Oil Diffuser as one of the best diffusers for essential oils currently the market also offers a 7-color LED light excellent for creating visually intriguing and relaxing scenery.
- InnoGear USB Essential Oil Diffuser is portable and can be used in the car, home, hotels, office etc.
- The dimensions fit most vehicle cup holders.
- The device is an essential oil diffuser and humidifier.
- 7-color LED light offers vibrant colors suitable for every taste.
- Built-in safety feature automatically turns off the diffuser when the water is below the low-line.
- Continuous and intermittent modes give more control over the intensity of the aromatherapy session.
- Weighs only 0.3 ounces.
- There have been few complaints about the diffuser’s short life expectancy.
- There have been few complaints about the water spilling out of the device.
- There have been few complaints about the diffuser being too small.
- The package includes only USB cable, the adapter is not included.
Diffuser Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Nowadays, it’s easier than ever to purchase essential oil diffusers. In the past, only professional aromatherapy studios could benefit from their use. Now, with the progression of modern technology and the decrease in prices due to mass production, everyone can get their hands on such a diffuser. It’s the perfect thing to make your home feel even more comfortable.
If you are looking for such a product, you should know that there are four types of diffusers:
The nebulizer essential oil diffuser is one of the most powerful out there because it doesn’t need heat or water to diffuse the oils.
Nebulizing diffusers have a technology that reminds of perfume atomizers. You’ll have a flow of air that will get the essential oils out of the tube. At the same time, there will be a continuous airflow that will spread the particles into the room.
An Ultrasonic diffuser needs water to function. Once you connect the device to a power source, the disks within will start vibrating at an ultrasonic frequency. The water and essential oil blend from the reservoir will then become a cool and fine mist.
Since they function with water, these diffusers can pass off as humidifiers as well. It’s definitely a good thing that this device is so versatile. Still, the bad part is that the oils will be diluted in water, so the scent will not be as intense.
These types of diffusers are also some of the most popular out there. This is why you’ll notice that they are widely produced.
As the name suggests, heat diffusers make use of heat to evaporate the essential oils into the air. They usually consist of a tray that has a candle under it, providing enough heat for the oils to evaporate.
The downside of the heat diffuser is that the aromatic effect is rather short and that some of the therapeutic effects within the essence are destroyed during the heating process.
The evaporative diffuser will spread the scent of the essential oils in the room using a fan. That fan will blow into the pad or filter holding the oil, slowly spreading it into the environment thanks to the breeze.
The downside is that the evaporation with these kinds of diffusers is rather slow – therefore decreasing the therapeutic effect.
How to diffuse essential oils and how to use essential oil diffuser?
The process of diffusion is simple and straightforward. Every diffuser should come with a user’s manual that explains the process of evaporation. At the same time, it will tell you in detail how the device functions. With that being said, most ultrasonic diffusers work on the same principals.
Here are 7 general steps that will activate your ultrasonic diffuser safely:
- Remove the lid to expose the water reservoir.
- Fill the water reservoir with the appropriate amount of water. Don’t overfill it; too much liquid may lower the diffuser’s efficiency.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil blend to the water. Remember, some ultrasonic diffusers cannot bear the strength of citrus essential oils.
- Securely close the lid to prevent the spillage.
- Plug the device into the source of power. Most diffusers require USA 110/120-Volt outlet (check your user’s manual for accurate information).
- Press the power button and set the diffuser on the desired mist mode.
- It is recommended to clean the diffuser after every use to get rid of the buildup that may shorten its life expectancy. Every diffuser should include maintenance instructions.
What are the best essential oil diffuser recipes?
Every diffuser has different water reservoir capacity that should always be taken into consideration when adding essential oils. Here is a table that will help you create appropriate water: oil ratio.
|Water Reservoir Size (ml)||Number of Essential Oils (drops)|
Here are 5 best essential oil diffuser recipes:
- Morning freshness: 4 drops of wild orange essential oil + 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Summertime tranquility: 3 drops of grapefruit essential oil + 3 drops of lavender essential oil + 2 drops of lemon essential oil + 2 drops of spearmint essential oil
- Sweet dreams: 3 drops of lavender essential oil + 4 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- Get focused: 2 drops of peppermint essential oil + 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil + 1 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Take it easy: 4 drops of lavender essential oil + 2 drops of cedarwood essential oil + 2 drops of wild orange essential oil + 1 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil
Each amount can be modified according to your preferences – and obviously, your taste in essential oils. These are simply some examples to guide you.
How to make DIY essential oil diffuser?
If you haven’t found your very own best essential oil diffuser among the given list of essential oil diffuser reviews, just remember: the doors of the DIY world still offer plenty of alternatives you can create by simply putting your craft skills to use.
Here is a 5-step instruction list on how to make the simplest DIY essential oil diffuser:
- Essential oils of your choice
- Sweet almond oil
- Diffuser reeds
- Glass or ceramic jar with small opening (for instance, a perfume bottle with small neck)
- In a clean glass or ceramic jar add the ratio of 30% essential oil to 70% sweet almond oil.
- Swirl the jar to mix the oils thoroughly.
- Place 8 to 12 diffuser reeds into the jar and let the oil travel up the reeds in order to fragrance the air.
- When the scent starts diminishing, simply flip the reeds upside down.
- Repeat the process once the oil is gone.
How do you clean your essential oil diffuser?
Cleaning your essential oil diffuser is rather easy. You start by pouring some water in the water tank, about halfway through. However, instead of adding essential oils, you add 10 drops of white vinegar. This will help get rid of the oils that got stuck to the diffuser.
After 5 minutes, you may drain the diffuser and clean the tight spots with a cotton swab that has been dipped in vinegar. This way, you will make sure that no other spots were left dirty.
Repeat the process with some clean water, to remove the vinegar. In the end, use some cotton swabs or a dry cloth to dry the diffuser properly.
Overall, you can see now that the market has oil diffusers for each type of person, regardless of your needs and tastes. Choosing the best essential oil diffuser for you is as easy as selecting which pair of shoes to buy next.
Before purchasing a new essential oil diffuser, ask yourself the following questions:
- What room style design do I have to match with the diffuser?
- Where will I be placing the diffuser?
- Does it need to scent a large room or just a small one?
- How long do I need the diffuser to function every day?
These questions will help you find the perfect oil diffuser for you. Based on popular reviews, the TaoTronics oil diffuser seems to be the most popular one, since it’s stylish, efficient and portable.
Still, the other essential oil diffusers are just as effective. Customers tried them, and they were all very pleased with the results they got. The right oil diffuser will spread the essential oil scent throughout your home, making it smell fresh while relaxing you in the process.